Nokia 770 with Gizmo and GrandCentral (n800?)

I didn't know about the mobile GrandCentral interface until it was
mentioned here. I guessed (m.grandcentral.com) and found it.

The mobile interface causes the N800 to pop up a dialog offering to play
the MP3 file using the default media player. When I do that, the media
player opens, but no file is played. I don't get an error message. More
detective work is in order.

Under Windows, Firefox invokes my media player just fine; under Ubuntu,
ditto, although I had to install additional codecs to play MP3.

The regular Flash-driven GrandCentral interface works on my N800,
although it's irritating and slow. I wish GC offered a simplified UI
that restricted its use of Flash to where it makes sense (the audio
player), and didn't demand such a ridiculously wide screen.

I'll probably switch to the mobile UI on my desktop browser. :-)