3 months of use: some comments about the N800

 Eero> Hi,
 Eero> ext Daniel M German wrote:
 >> ** Make the screen of a harder material (perhaps  glass like the
 >> iphone). I have light    scratches on it already.

 Eero> There's plastic film on top of the screen.  If you haven't removed this,
 Eero> the scratches are in this  film, not the actual screen surface.

I can't really see any film on it. The scratches are very thin, but
noticeable at an angle.

 Eero> (there's small piece of folio on the lower left corner which makes
 Eero> removing the film easier. I just removed the folio piece from the
 Eero> film and left it to protect the screen.)

Oh, that one. I removed the film when new.

 Eero> PDFs can use a lot of memory.  D-BUS makes sure that there's only one
 Eero> service (application) launched/running at the time, but if you start
 Eero> applications directly without D-BUS, you can have multiple ones running.
 Eero> Just try running following twice in Xterm:
 Eero> run-standalone.sh /usr/bin/maemo-summoner /usr/bin/osso_pdfviewer.launch &

thanks for this warning. I have tried and it works. I had two
documents I had to jump back and forth and it was painful without two
different windows.

 >> *** Support for different font sizes.

 Eero> Where?

FileManager. I have already filed a bug report using Bugzilla (and
many other ones).

Thanks again,

 Eero> 	- Eero

Daniel M. German