Improvements in the browser (was Re: 4.2007.38-2 available)

Aniello Del Sorbo wrote:
> A tabbed browser would probably make many people happy, but I don't really
> see the advantage over the current implementation (i.e. Having a new window
> open for a new link). Perhaps one could see a use for the box view to
> compare two rendered sites in one shot (might be useful for web sites
> makers.)

I like how Firefox (on desktop) allows me to "background load" a page by opening a link in a new tab which doesn't automatically take focus.

Being able to open a new page in the background (in a tab or not) on Micro-B would make me very happy - some pages take quite a while to load, and it would be nice if I could continue reading the current web page while a linked page is loaded in the background. Currently, the new window opens and steals focus, the device almost grinds to a halt as it renders/composites the new page and I have to wait before I can return to the original page and continue reading (most times though I can return before the new page has finished loading, but it's an annoying struggle and often takes several seconds or longer).

I'd also like to see tabs on Micro-B (or the EAL) in future, I thought tabs worked just fine in Minimo and believe tab support should be added, but left as an option for the user.