4.2007.38-2 available

On Wednesday 03 October 2007 03:14:48 Marius Vollmer wrote:
<snip>

> Likewise we can easily afford Debian style package management.  The
> one serious constraint we might run into is that there is not enough
> storage space to carry out an update of the whole OS.  But even that
> should not be that serious happen since even on the tablets, the OS
> itself is almost always small compared to the available storage (100
> to 150 MiB compared to a couple of GiBs).

<snip>

Marius,  In reply to the space constraint and upgrade done to the entire OS.
This was first solved in URPMI for Mandrake around 8.1 (Now called Mandriva)
and AFAIK it has been ported into the dist-upgrade feature for dpkg/apt.

One thing that would help IMHO is to break out the debs for the scratchbox
environment away from the 'user' repository.  That way the temptation to
install would not exist.  BUT they are still accessable by other means

Synaptic will run on the Nokia if you need a gui.  Heck I've got in on my
blackdog and that was even more constrained than the Nokia is.

James