GPE-Contact import

On Thursday 04 October 2007 21:06, Gary Baribault wrote:
> Hi guys, I have an IPAQ with about 900 contacts .. I am trying to get
> them to the GPE-Contact program. I created a massive vcard file, but it
> wont import it. I then used BT to thansfer many of them, but GPE-Contact
> seems to only let me import one at a time .. does anyone know how to
> import about 900 vcard files at one time into the program?

You may want to ask on the GPE mailing list (see
http://lists.linuxtogo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/gpe-list to sign up)
where someone may be able to comment on your problem with importing the big
file.

You could turn the file into a script for gpesyncd (each card must start
with "add vcard BEGIN:VCARD").  Ask on the GPE list if you want some more
info on using gpesyncd.

Or use OpenSync (but that requires a separate Linux system, for now).

Graham