Bluetooth headphones and mp3's

On Wednesday 26 September 2007 06:01:38 Brad Midgley wrote:
> James
>
> > Severe drop out problem.
> > Almost as if the dang thing was constantly buffering.
>
> it helped in at least one case to make the n800 prefer to be bluetooth
> master. in hcid.conf:
>
> lm accept,master;
> lp hold,sniff,park;
>
> let us know if that impacts the quality.
>
> Brad

Brad,

   This really seemed to work.. finally.  It was a bit of a stutter start.
But now I've got it up.  Also seems to be affected by how these headphones
are 'multi-ipoint' (if I have the term correct) and can connect to both phone
and Nokia at the same time.  Need to read up on BT and the rswitch feature it
seems.

  At this point I would say however that it's a 10 on a 10 scale.  I also can
see how the input feed to the BT headphones works essentially it seems that
alsa output is redirected to a2dpd.

  Lots of thoughts to play with.  Oh and on the battery front.  Wanna watch it
really drain.  Try being ssh'd in (wifi) and BT connected at the same time!

  Additional info for others out there the AVRCP (The protocol that allows you
to remote control software over BT) seems to all function as it's supposed to
using the controls on my headphones, and doing the the tap,press, hold tongue
left then right dance I can skip songs, raise and lower volume etc.

James

--
READ CAREFULLY. By [accepting this material|accepting this payment|accepting
this business-card|viewing this t-shirt|reading this sticker] you agree, on