NFS client on OS 2007

Juha Kallioinen wrote:

> then just use this:
>
> http://maemo.org/community/wiki/settingupnfs/

This procedure worked great, except for one small problem.  After mounting
the filesystem (as root), should I be able to access it as user?  I find
that user is not able to cd to the mounted filesystem ("can't cd") nor ls
it ("Permission denied").  It looks as if I need to mount the filesystem
with the uid for user (29999), but the uid=29999 option does not work.

I care mainly because my application looks different when run by root (the
theme is different).  If it is not possible to access the mounted
filesystem as user, is there a way to run my application as root and have
it look the same as it looks when run by user?

What is the right way to get the kernel modules (sunrpc.ko, lockd.ko,
nfs.ko) to load automatically when I turn on the N800?

--
Jeffrey Barish