NFS client on OS 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 11:00 +0300, ext Juha Kallioinen wrote:
> ext Jeffrey Barish wrote:
> > Juha Kallioinen wrote:
> >
> >> To get started, I had just flashed my N800 and made sure it's in RD mode
> >> (--enable-rd-mode with the commandline flasher).
> >
> > Thank you for this thorough explanation.
> >
> > I upgraded the OS using the Windows procedure, so I presume that RD mode was
> > not enabled.  Do I have to start over?
>
> Actually the RD mode is only needed to more easily get root access
> on the device. You can activate the RD mode with the linux commandline
> flasher tool. I'm not sure how to do it in Windows.

It's not needed anymore. Installing becomeroot package in enough.
You can find explanations here:
http://eko.one.pl/index.php?page=Nokia770_software#becomeroot

> In fact you can also do without the RD mode. You could activate the
> 'red pill mode' [1] in the application manager and install ssh from there.
> After that you can ssh to localhost as root from the xterm or you can ssh
> into your device from the PC.

You can also do it without red pill mode. Just install openssh-server
package from here: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/openssh-server/

--
Ed Bartosh <eduard.bartosh at nokia.com>
Nokia-M/Helsinki