*NEW* Make Video Calls with the Nokia N800 (beta version)

Hi!

I may be wrong but this thread from iIT hasn't been forwarded here yet:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9425

A new Gizmo version (4.0 beta) is available for the N800 and it
includes video! Yeaaahhh!
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to test it a lot yet as:
- I don't have a 2nd N800 to test N800 to N800 calls,
- I'm not able to find any 4.0 release for a desktop PC to test N800
to PC calls.
Unless we're all wrong on iIT, this new version has been published
for N800's only, not for desktop PC's yet, which is quite surprising!

See below the "official" post on gizmoproject.com (http://
forum.gizmoproject.com/viewtopic.php?t=7098):
> Make Video Calls using the Nokia N800 ? Beta Release
>
> We are excited to announce that we have added video calling
> functionality into the Gizmo Project client for the Nokia N800. Now
> you can see and talk to family, friends, and colleagues all over
> the world.
>
> We have a beta version available for testing now, click here to try
> it out!
>
> There are known issues that need to be resolved before we release
> this client publicly, here's a list of improvement/fixes we are
> currently working on:
>
> * Limited testing has been done making calls between N800 and other
> Gizmo clients (i.e. Windows, Mac), we are continuing to make
> improvements in this area
> * Video options haven't been added in yet
> * Need to improve cpu usage (lowering it) without affecting video
> quality
> * 'Hold' currently only holds audio .. needs to hold video as well.
>
> We are going to continue improving video quality, graphics and
> usability over the next couple of weeks, before releasing publicly.
> So we would love to hear any feedback you may have.
>
> Thank you,
> The Gizmo Project Team

Feedback welcome!

--