Visudo Help

On Wednesday 15 August 2007 15:12:27 Dr. Nicholas Shaw wrote:
> Ok, after my major screw-up last week (I directly modified the sudoers file
> but failed to change the permissions back to 0444), I flashed to the newest
> OS upgrade and re-installed all of my applications.  Now I need to modify
> the sudoers file and plan to do it CORRECTLY this time, e.g. use visudo.
>
> Now my problem - I can't find visudo anywhere on the N800.  Is it available
> separately or am I just not looking in the right place? Or is there some
> other way that doesn't use visudo?
>
> I've looked in /usr/bin and /bin.
>
> Thanks much in advance!
>
> Nick.

On this one visudo is not on the box but the real solution is.... don't chmod
the file.  VI it as root, then instead of doing wq to quit (write quit) do
wq! (w  q then exclamation point or more commonly known as bang) this will
override the read only aspect and commit your changes without running the
risk of forgeting to chmod

James

--
READ CAREFULLY. By [accepting this material|accepting this payment|accepting
this business-card|viewing this t-shirt|reading this sticker] you agree, on