Battery Life

Hi,
    The battery life of the N800 seems to depend a lot on the applications
that are running, I guess in particular when it is idling. The result of
this is that the battery indicator can be very inaccurate, telling me it
should last for days and it will then die in hours.

Ideally I'd like this not to be the case but in the interim I'd like to know
which application is causing the problem. When will Nokia expose the current
consumption information, in for instance /proc? Without this information we
cannot determine which application is the culprit much less set about
improving the performance.

Is there another indirect method that could be used, perhaps the rate of
interrupts for each application?

Regards, Michael