Visudo Help

On 8/16/07, Dr. Nicholas Shaw <Doc at docharley.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Paul. By default sudoers is not writable so in order to make
> changes?

sudo gainroot
vi /etc/sudoers
?

Seems you would have had to be root to change the permissions anyway...

visudo exists in /sbin, so until you edit sudoers to allow user to use
it, you need to be root. Also, the EDITOR variable is undeclared, so
until you add that to .bashrc or whatever you'll need to do:

sudo gainroot
EDITOR="vi" visudo

You can of course use something other than vi if you want.

--Paul