Moved IT OS2006 to RS-MMC but cannot install programs now

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 12:48:41PM +0200, Andreas St?rmer wrote:
> I moved the internal filesystem to RS-MMC last night on my Nokia 770 to have
> more space for several programs, tools and games.
> (http://examplified.net/guide/Nokia_770/Booting_from_MMC/)
>
> Everything went fine and ran fine, until I installed a few programs.
> I installed GPE-ToDo and Calendar, GPE-Filemanager, Load-Applet, GAIM and
> Rdesktop ? everything without troubles.
> After that I couldn?t install anything else or even deinstall any of the
> above mentioned programs.
>
> If I show up the LOG after installing, it tells me the following:
>
> ?Installation of scummvm not possible?
>
> Installing scummvm 0.9.1
> /bin/sh: /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure: not found
> (Reading database ... dpkg: error processing
> /var/cache/apt/archives/scummvm_0.9.1_armel.deb (--unpack): files list file
> for package ?rdesktop? is missing final newline

It would appear that /var/lib/dpkg/info/rdesktop.list got corrupted
somehow.

> Anybody an idea what to do?

I'd try to fix that file with a text editor and then reinstall rdesktop
to make sure it is correct.

Marius Gedminas
--
   TCP_SeqNum - The 32-bit Sequence Number, encoded as an ASCII string
      representing the hex value of the Sequence number.  This field