N800 Case - Still not here

Peter Bart wrote:

> Hello,
> 	I simply don't understand why one would want Nokia to provide a
> case given all the other options. Those include Pdair, Boxwave,
> Calculator Source, Otterbox to name a few. A search on ITT for cases
> will show several threads. Nokia's case is simply going to be a
> rebranded case from someone else.
> 	Maybe I'm way off, but I'd rather have Nokia work on hardware &
> software. As a side note, I made my own using a leather book case for
> the 800, and a stud from an old 770 aluminum case for the belt loop.
> Both from Pdair.
>
> Best Regards,

The Nokia "case" looks (from the pictures) to be more like a cover than a full case... my guess is it that it might attach by replacing the battery cover whereas the alternatives you mention envelope the entire device and add extra bulk. Personally I prefer the Nokia Case if it avoids adding any extra bulk, as all I want is screen protection when it's in my pocket and no, one of those plastic screen protector thingies isn't sufficient protection for what I'm talking about! :)

And Nokia should offer screen protection, if only for making the disastrous decision to drop the 770's hard cover! :)