N800 Case - Still not here

Quim,

well that is good news. I will order mine tout suite. And no, I was not
referring to the openmoko "developer" case but the "end user" case which
is shown above left of the big case in the picture whose url you provided.

Having said that, the developer case itself seems to have a nice,
impactful "presentation" layer to use, for example, when walking into,
say, a US FCC public hearing on the upcoming 700 mhz band auction to
argue in favor of  "open network" versus "closed network" or, as I think
of it, it in favor of the "smart (user controlled) device/dumb
network"^1 paradigm. A replay in the world of wireless communications of
the Carterphone decision^2 . Skype is on the right side of this
(re)-debate in the U.S.
^

    ^1. http://www.rageboy.com/stupidnet.html

    2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carterfone