Status of SyncEvolution and PIM applications

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 09:08 +0200, Lars Persson Fink wrote:
> 5. I have seen a post announcing SyncEvolution (I currently use this for
> syncing Evolution with ScheduleWorld) for N800. The status at the time
> of announcing was that it could synchronize addresses from the built-in
> address book. Is there anyone that has any experience with this
> solution.

The binary has been downloaded quite often without any complaints or bug
reports about contact syncing, but also very little other feedback. So
either a) people didn't get it to work and are afraid of asking for help
or b) it just works. Of course I prefer the second interpretation...

One user indeed said that contacts worked fine for him whereas he
couldn't get calendar syncs to work [1]. This is the known problem with
the EDS-DBus calendar backend. There are no news about that as far as I
know.

I am about to release 0.6 after testing on my Nokia 770 with the
original IT OS2006. My plan is to compile for the official OS so that it
runs on that and all more recent releases, but because recent OpenedHand
packages of "Dates" and "Contacts" are only available for Bora/OS2007 I
might reflash my Nokia 770 with the hacker edition and stop testing with
OS2006. Is this what all the power users have done already anyway or are
there users left who would prefer my testing on a genuine OS2006?

[1] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1734977&group_id=146288&atid=764733

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de