Status of SyncEvolution and PIM applications - 0.6 released

On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 22:08 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 09:08 +0200, Lars Persson Fink wrote:
> > 5. I have seen a post announcing SyncEvolution (I currently use this for
> > syncing Evolution with ScheduleWorld) for N800. The status at the time
> > of announcing was that it could synchronize addresses from the built-in
> > address book. Is there anyone that has any experience with this
> > solution.
[...]
> One user indeed said that contacts worked fine for him whereas he
> couldn't get calendar syncs to work [1]. This is the known problem with
> the EDS-DBus calendar backend. There are no news about that as far as I
> know.

I have tried it again with the IT OS2007 Hacker Edition plus the latest
"Dates" and Evolution backend, but the e_cal_get_changes() still fails.

> I am about to release 0.6 after testing on my Nokia 770 with the
> original IT OS2006.

For what it's worth, release 0.6 is now officially available. I'll
continue to compile a binary for IT OS2006 and tested it this time
before flashing the Hacker Edition, but as I'd like to keep that on the
device I won't do any testing with OS2006 in the future.

I have added an entry for Nokia 770/800 to the "Compatibility" web page:
http://localhost:8889/projects/SyncML/Compatibility.html#Nokia+770%2F800

There were a few non-critical issues which I'll address in future
updates: besides the calendar issue (which is a bit out of my hands -
aeh, no pun intented), I found that IT OS2007 no longer contains a Perl
binary. In the post-processing of a sync the "synccompare" Perl script
is used to compare the address book before/after the sync. That part now
fails, but that doesn't affect syncs.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de