Claws-Mail offline usage

(CC:ing the maemo-users list the solution below)

Thank you Colin, this pretty much points me to all the confifguration
settings I could not find.  Synchronization seems to work just right,
and I am sure I'll be able to create a local store for the outbound
messages.

One thing I will have to figure out is turning off the Claws-mail
alerts, since even in offline/disconnected mode, it seems to want to
connect to the IMAP server about every couple minutes or so, which is
annoying.

Thank you for the great response!
Kevin