OpenSSH on OS 2006 repository problem?

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 12:10:33PM -0400, dasDasein wrote:
> When I click the installer for OpenSSH from Maemo download site, it fails to
> add repository and install.  I manually entered the repository, and try to
> install openssh-installer I get ... "Unable to download. Package not found."

I ran into one problem because I had the following in my application
catalog

Catalog name:	Maemo
Web address:	http://repository.maemo.org
Distribution:	bora
Components:	free non-free extras
                              ^^^^^^

The problem was that extras is a non-existent component in
repository.maemo.org.  Previous versions of the firmware would just
ignore the non-existent component.

The latest version seems to abort the "apt-get update" process and
leave you with the old package information --- for all catalogs, not
just the one with the bogus extra component.

I figured this out by eliminating all non-essential categories until
the package information was getting properly updated, and then I was
able to figure out that the problem was the extra, non-existent
component.  Once I eliminated that, I was able to install skype,
openssh, etc.

Don't know if this is the problem you ran into, but maybe it will help
some others....

						- Ted