Status of SyncEvolution and PIM applications

On 7/9/07, Lars Persson Fink <lars_p_fink at yahoo.se> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Thanks very much for all your answers. I'll try to summarize them here
> to see if I got it all:
>
> 1. What are the different PIM solutions available?
> GPE, Pimlico, Winzig and Opened-hand.
>
> 2. What synchronization possibilities are available for them? What is
> their respective status?
> Erminig (http://maemo.org/downloads/product/erminig/) syncs GPE with
> Google Calendar.

Erminig is relatively new and has not received a lot of testing (from
what I can see).  I've used it several times so far and besides the
missing proxy support (which would come from one of the underlying
components it depends on) it seems to work well.

(snip)

> 4. What is the level of functionality of Erminig and OpenSync, do they
> sync addresses, todos and calendar items? Two-way, one-way?

I could never get OpenSync to work properly without crashing
Evolution.  Erminig seems to work well, and does a two-way sync,
critical for me, as well as supporting multiple calendars.  I may end
up trying to code in some proxy support because that would be a
"killer app" for me to be able to maintain my schedule in Google
Calendar and have a local, synced copy on the n800.

Larry