Red Pill Mode and Package updates

All,

while viewing the installed apps in "red-pill" mode on the N800 with the
latest version of the OS installed, I noticed that there are several
updates available including those for apps (or should I call them
packages?) called magic:sys, libbluetooth2, and several others.
However, when I switch back to blue pill mode these updates disappear
from view and the app manager indicates that there are not updates to
install.

This gives rise to several questions:

    1. If these updates that I can see when the device is configured in
    red pill mode are updates to the core OS that have been released by
    Nokia (bug fixes perhaps?) then shouldn't these be visible in blue
    pill mode as well?

    2. Is there any reason not to install these updates, or at least the
    ones from Nokia that are part of the Nokia supported software baseline?

    3. Is is the case that even though these updates do not appear when
    in blue pill mode, they will in fact get automatically
    downloaded/installed by the OS (Kind of a OS patch level self
    maintaining capability if you will)?

 From what I now understand about red vs blue pill mode, it seems to be
conceptually similar to  the option provided within the Microsoft
Windows OS/file system wherein Windows Explorer can be configured to
either hide or make visible,  files that are OS related. The difference
seems to be that, in the case of the N800 OS, the hiding is done at the
application (package?) level and not the file level.

--

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Acadia Secure Networks