Issues with package installation and failed dependencies

ext Mike Klein wrote:
> How is it that a package can be marked "Installable" and yet not install?
>
> With new firmware I cannot "cleanly" install unzip, wget...as these have
> bizarre dependency issues.
>
> With wget I get dep failure of "wget-ssl" conflict...yet I have no wget
> on N800 and from googling this appears to be a deprecated package.

Hi Mike,

I'm curious about the problem with wget. I tried to reproduce the problem by flashing the new firmware, adding repository.maemo.org to the application manager and activating red pill mode. After this, I was able to install wget without any problems. I then installed osso-xterm to try and test it, and it even seems to work.

The version of wget in the repository is wget-1.10.2-2osso1.

The details of wget say that it conflicts with wget-ssl, but that should only matter if you have wget-ssl installed.

Cheers,
 Juha

--
Juha Kallioinen