What can I use my N800 for?

Thanks, Chris. Your blog has the best conversion script I've found (I've
tried 3 others). This is the 1st to show good resolution, good audio
sync and good framerate!

Your script copies the files to your flash disk. I was very successful
with copying the file over and playing it from there. But, I'd like to
be able to play the files without copying them, so I can just stream
whatever file I want to watch. My use case for this is cooking shows. I
want to fast forward to that section where Alton Brown shows some piece
of trickery that I can't seem to master.

I could stream from a web page, but attempting to fast-forward gave me a
"Can not seek stream" pop-up. So, I'm looking into streaming media
servers. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!
-Dave