What can I use my N800 for?

>> From: David Rudder <drig at noses.org>
>> Subject: What can I use my N800 for?
>>
>> Hi,
>> I'm getting frustrated with my Nokia N800 and I hope someone can help
>> me. I bought this for a couple reasons, the 2 big ones are for SIP
>> video calling and for playing videos off my MythTV. I have been
>> totally unsuccessful so far.

I have been watching mythtv on the N800 for some time and I wrote a wiki
page about it on the MythTV wiki. There are several options for
transcoding, and I crop a tiny bit in order to watch TV full screen on
the N800. You need latest media player to do it.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Nokia_N800_Tablet_PDA

>> >I also tried transcoding down to a lower resolution with similar
>> >problems. At least they play, but what good is a 800x600 screen if the
>> >videos have to be 288x160? And, even then, the fast forward doesn't
>> >work and it regularly hangs and the video and audio doesn't sync.
Fast forward does not work great but use the back and forward arrow
keys, which skip about 2 minutes, works for the most part. There are
certainly issues with the player. The longer the show, the more likely
fastforwarding screws up. But I do not have any audio sync issues.