What can I use my N800 for?

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 05:29:08PM -0600, David Rudder wrote:
> Is anyone out there having any success with their N800?

I am.  I don't use it for video playing/video conferencing, though.  My
primary use case is an e-book reader, the second use case is an mp3
player, and then occasionally I use it to browse the web/ssh into
servers.

> So far, I've
> paid $400 for a brick I can play "pipe panic" on.  Why does this get
> such great reviews?

It has great potential.  That potential is not fully realized yet (and
probably won't be for a couple of years, but things are moving forward,
just compare OS2005 to OS2007).

Well, okay, it doesn't have that great a potential with respect to
video playing, given its crippled video bandwidth.  It will always need
transcoding to reduce the video size and framerate.

Marius Gedminas
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
mathematics and those who don't.