From: maemo-users-bounces at maemo.org [mailto:maemo-users-bounces at maemo.org]
On Behalf Of Acadia Secure Networks
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:36 AM
To: maemo-users at maemo.org
Subject: Re: N800: Notes from the Field - A Successful Radio Workaround

Marius,

thanks for creating/sharing that www page.

Concerning your wishlist item "VNCserver", have you tried using xllvnc?

For my own needs it seems to work quite well with Tightvnc on the client
side aside from the problem of not registering stylus clicks on the left
~cm column of the screen.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Acadia Secure Networks

*
*

Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 02:18:08PM +0200, Wahlau - wrote:
>
>> well, i think the N800 must have somehow read this mail itself - during
my
>> trip last week, the n800 just suddenly refuse to unlock. I can press the
>> power button + square button as many times as i like, and the tablet will
>> not want to unlock. At the end i chose to remove the battery.
>>

> This happened to me twice.  It's not pleasant.  The latest firmware
> fixed the "won't unlock" bug, thankfully.
>

>> it turned out to be a big mistake (but what other choices do i have?) - i
>> ended up with the n800 rebooting itself mysteriously over and over again.
>>

> At least that part never happened to me.
>

>> This symptom repeats with or without memory card. As soon as i get
Internet