N800: Notes from the Field - A Successful Radio Workaround

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 02:18:08PM +0200, Wahlau - wrote:
> well, i think the N800 must have somehow read this mail itself - during my
> trip last week, the n800 just suddenly refuse to unlock. I can press the
> power button + square button as many times as i like, and the tablet will
> not want to unlock. At the end i chose to remove the battery.

This happened to me twice.  It's not pleasant.  The latest firmware
fixed the "won't unlock" bug, thankfully.

> it turned out to be a big mistake (but what other choices do i have?) - i
> ended up with the n800 rebooting itself mysteriously over and over again.

At least that part never happened to me.

> This symptom repeats with or without memory card. As soon as i get Internet
> connection again, i found out some had such rebooting issues too. So i have
> no choice but to reflash the unit.
>
> now i have the latest flash installed, without all the applications i have
> installed earlier. time to reinstall things.

I created a web page for my own convenience, with links to .install
files for all the applications I found useful:
http://mg.pov.lt/770/reflash-n800.html

New firmwares appear from time to time, and it's easier to upgrade when
you've all the steps written down in front of you.

Marius Gedminas
--
99 little bugs in the code,
99 bugs in the code,