Converting Documents

Amichai Rotman wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am about to start a new job that involves a lot of tech documents
> reading. I want to be able to read all the documents on my N770.
> Problem: Documents are in different formants (PDF, Doc and some PPS).
> Reading them as is is not an option - for various reasons, especially
> because its too small to read.
>
> I found the fb2 format to be the best option.
>
> What would be the easier, faster way to convert the docs (if possible
> at all) ?
[snip]

I originally bought a PDA to keep up with tech documentation.  Here is
what I do:

I usually use OpenOffice.org to convert Word, etc to HTML format, and
then I use jPluck to convert to Plucker format.  Plucker format is read
by fbReader, easily.

Keep in mind, it may seem as I have a vested interest in OOo, see my
sig, but as long as you can convert the Doc to HTML, then you should be
in business using jPluck.

Also, doing this means the links are still kept with the document, if
they are there.

--
Scott Carr
OpenOffice.org