gcompris port to Maemo --- help needed with gstreamer

On Tuesday 01 May 2007 20:53:48 Vladislav Grinchenko wrote:
> Terje,
> try
> gst-launch-0.10 firesrc location=FNAME.mp3 ! dspmp3sink
> that works for me except that it requires synchronous I/O to play mp3s
> reliably.

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply! I think I should try to elaborate on my problem.

It seems that I have managed to get one mp3 to play --- the welcome sound. It
indeed uses the same pipeline as in above. I am not able to produce any sound
on laptop, though.

After the first sound effect, it should start playing background music. Any
attempt to change background music or produce another sound effect kills the
whole software.

My guess is that I have something really fishy in the signal handling / thread
handling / main loop starting/stopping code. Sound effect and background
music are in different threads. I'm not very familiar with glib threading /
signalling. This is why it'd be great if somebody could take a look at the
code [1].

I uploaded the gnome canvas dependencies to my gcompris garage project [2].

Best regards,
Terje

[1] gstplayer.c
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/gcompris/src/gcompris/gstplayer.c?root=gcompris&view=markup