confused about scratchbox UIDs

Hi,

ext tj wrote:
> I am confused about scratchbox and UIDS. I am logged in as user armdevel
> on Ubuntu and I have added user armdevel to scratchbox. I
> run /scratchbox/login and I am in scratchbox. However, when I do this:
>
> [sbox-SDK_ARMEL: ~] > whoami
> whoami: cannot find username for UID 1003
>
> It says there is no UID 1003. Sure enough cd to /etc and there is no
> user armdevel in passwd. Plus any files created show UID 1003 and group
> 1002.

The contents of the /etc/ directory of your currently selected
Scratchbox target come from the rootstrap you've extracted to that
Scratchbox target.  You could try:
	sb-conf install --etc

Or just copy your host passwd file.

Except when creating a target root file system, the contents of
the target /etc directory could be what you have on host I think.

> Is this the reason I get the error I reported before:
>
> dh_shlibdeps
> unable to get login information for username "armdevel"
> at /scratchbox/devkits/debian/lib/dpkg/controllib.pl line 58.
> dh_shlibdeps: command returned error code 6400
>
> When building mplayer since even whoami cannot find a username for UID
> 1003?

	- Eero