New install files for N800

On Friday 27 April 2007 15:45, Dr.Nicholas Shaw wrote:
> I rooted around and found "libmimedir-gnome1_0svn20070331maemo_armel.deb.?
> I tried manually installing it through Application Manager (install from
> file) and it fails, e.g. "Unable to install libmimedir-gnome1".?

I would be interested to know what the error is.  I am not sure if you can get
the Application Manager to tell you but if you have an Xterm with root access
can you try "dpkg -i <file>" and let me know what error you get (just send it
to me -- no need to bother the list)?

I am currently working on the libmimedir-gnome and libsoup problems -- I hope
to have updated kits some time over the weekend.  By the way, if anyone hits
any packaging bugs with GPE please report them in the GPE bugzilla
(http://bugs.linuxtogo.org/).

You will not lose your data if you uninstall GPE.  However, if you are at all
worried the best thing to do is to use Xterm and copy the files in the ~/.gpe
directory to somewhere safe.  For example:

cd && mkdir saved-gpe && cp .gpe/* saved-gpe/

Graham