New install files for N800

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 09:06 -0400, Dr.NicholasS wrote:
> Florian,
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> 1.  I went to the link and downloaded the files.  I installed the 3.0
> SDK but could not find the libmimedir-dnome1 package.  I'm guessing
> it's in the GPE Repository but the link is broken.
>
> 2.  I use the GPE PIM as my PIM.  If I uninstall the existing packages
> will I lose my data?  I have a lot of contacts and a lot of
> information in calendar.
>
> Regards,
>
> Nick Shaw.

Hi Nick,
	I can answer this for you. You can do what Graham suggested. You can
also use the included backup utility on the 770 to backup all files,
this includes the GPE stuff. I've done this every time I've flashed to a
new OS version. On the restore cycle I usually restore all but the
email, it's given me trouble. I'll set that up manually.

Regards,

--
Peter Bart <peter at petertheplumber.net>
http://petertheplumber.net