N800 wifi power usage

On Monday 02 Apr 2007 17:32, Dr. Nicholas Shaw wrote:
> I use wifi nearly 7x24 without issue.  I also use the Internet a good
> deal during the day and night, again, without issue.

Thanks, it could be I should return this machine and get another then.
Do you use it for the sorts of things I mentioned? Here general use is
fine. Things like email and using the web do not cause a problem, nor
even streaming audio which works the wifi continuously but only at a
rate of a few packets a second.

OTOH, streaming 300kbit/s mpeg4 video with 48bkit/s mp3 audio causes the
media player to freeze after 10 mins or so and then the m/c reboots.

Or fetching a 1.5 Gig file with:
$ wget -O /dev/null http://local-server/gigs
That ran for nearly 18 mins, at around 700kbytes/s, after which the wifi
went dead, the m/c was warm though it didn't crash.

Mike