From: maemo-users-bounces at maemo.org [mailto:maemo-users-bounces at maemo.org]
On Behalf Of Michael Wetherell
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:29 AM
To: maemo-users at maemo.org
Subject: N800 wifi power usage

Hi,

I've found that applications that make fairly heavy use of the wlan for
more than a few minutes make the whole machine unstable. I'm wondering
if it is the same for everyone, or is there a fault with this
particular machine?

E.g. video plays fine if the video is copied onto the flash, but playing
it directly from a http server across the wlan causes the machine to
reboot after 10 minutes or so (that's with a full battery, sooner
otherwise).

Similarly downloading, e.g. downloading large files with wget from a
local server that runs the wifi flat out, works for 10 mins or so then
it reboots or the wlan goes dead.

I saw there was a thread about dynamic PSM a few weeks ago, so I've
tried setting it to 0, i.e. full PSM. It reduces throughput which I
don't mind, but I'm not sure how much it helps with stability, I think
maybe a bit.

Thanks,
Mike