[ANN] SyncEvolution 0.6pre1 for addressbook and calendar synchronization

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 14:35 +0300, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> ext Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > Caveats
> >         Under /var/tmp/SyncEvolution-user-scheduleworld a dump of the
> >         address book before and after synchronization is created
> >         together with a log of the last synchronization. This log is
> >         rather verbose and can get large (several MB for many items),
> >         so beware!
>
> Under which user id it works? If you fill the device Flash as "root"
> it will end up in reboot loop.

The normal user id.

> Even if it works as non-root, it leaving logs that user cannot clean
> out is quite bad, so I would recommend in the UI to have a button like
> "clean all logs".

If there was a UI, there certainly would be such a button. The way it is
now, users have to enter "syncevolution <server>" in a shell and then
could do an "rm -r /var/tmp/SyncEvolution*" after ensuring that the log
is no longer needed.

In case someone is worried about filling up the internal flash, the
directory can be changed to something which resides on the flash card by
changing spds/syncml/config.txt:logdir. There's also a feature to keep
the last n logs.

There's no possibility to turn of the logging yet; there simply was no
need for this due to its origin as a desktop application where a few MB
on a hard disk are tolerable... obviously this needs to be changed for
Maemo.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de