IT OS 2007 v.3 Upgrade

>> quim.gil at nokia.com wrote:
>> This has been discussed several times. A provisional conclusion is
>>that
>>
>> a) Even if it sounds incredible we are following POSIX standards,
>> and we did not create them. b) We will probably enable the
>> possibility of users to select their preferred display. This won't
>> come in the short term though (see c) c) Note, however, that the
>> technical implementation that is obvious for desktop/laptop
>> machines is not that obvious for small tiny devices with very
>> limited resources.
>>
>> Conclusion of the conclusion: it's not that we don't care, we know
>> but other things go first in the ToDo list. No need to start
>> another thread, really.  :)
>
> Neil MacLeod wrote:
> There are perfectly good bugs in Maemo Bugzilla
> for both time[1] and date[2] formatting deficiencies, yet I don't see
> any detail/comment from Nokia against these bugs.
>
> Rather than continue discussion in the newsgroup, would it make more
> sense for Nokia to provide input against the two bugs?

While I agree that it's better to see this kind of response in the bug
database (with an announcement/link posted to the mailing list on
hotbutton issues like this), seeing it on the list is better than not
seeing it at all.  So Quim, count this as positive feedback regarding
your active participation in the lists and your efforts to bring the
"straight story" to light whenever possible.  They are noticed and
appreciated.

I've pasted Quim's response into Bug #303 so folks that refer there will
have this latest info.

Thanks,
Mike