IT OS 2007 v.3 Upgrade

Here are my comments:

1.	Update using the update tool was painless.  You do require .Net 2.0
and the updater will tell you this.  Go to the Nokia/support web site and
download it using your Windows computer.  I tried using the N800 and was
unsuccessful each time.
2.	The system didn't allow me to continue until the battery was full so
charge it up.  It says it takes ~20 minutes but mine was done in about half
of that.
3.	As soon as you complete the update, you'll be asked if you want to
restore your settings from your backup (you'll be asked to perform a backup
prior to updating).  I found the settings to be properly restored, including
my catalogs.
4.	After re-installing the gpe-PIM suite, I ran one of the programs to
see if all settings were there and, yes, all settings were intact as were
all of my events.
5.	Nokia, get rid of the warning each time a non-Nokia application is
installed saying we're doing it at our own risk.  Most of the applications
we install don't come from Nokia and it's a nuisance to have to click <Ok>
each time.  If, for legal reasons, you're required to have it - make it a
setting in Application Manager to always select <Ok>.
6.	Still no 12/24-hour clock.  Nokia, you've got to get this right.
Due to daylight savings time changes that are different around the world, we
can't just select some other region that uses a 24-hour clock.  This is
standard on every version of Linux and actually required you to remove it.
Fix it.
7.	Control Panel no longer expands to full screen.  New bug.
8.	When using Navigation under the Control Panel, menu entries are now
automatically sorted.
9.	All Bluetooth devices will have to be re-paired.  Those settings
should have been saved and restored.  New bug.
10.	All bookmarks were retained.

I'm still going through and checking all my programs but so far all looks,
except as noted above, good.  Hopefully the N800 won't reboot as often as it
did prior to this release.

Regards,

Nick Shaw