[ANN] Simple Launcher -- Home applet to launch your apps

On 3/23/07, Mikhail Sobolev <mss at mawhrin.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Yesterday I made the first public release of simple-launcher.  It's a
> home applet that shows icons of often used applications: you click and
> the application starts :)
>
> [Some] known limitations (that's why it's 0.9 :)):
>   * there's no infobanner when the application is started
>   * if the application is already started, it's not brought up (for the
>     user it looks like nothing happened)
>
> The package is available at
>
>   http://simple-launcher.garage.maemo.org

  VERY nice!  I hate having to open the menu, go to extras, and _then_
scroll through everything I have installed.  Having launchable icons
on the desktop should have been present from day one.  It's something
everyone understands-- click the icon and voila!  The program starts.
It's great in moderation, and having your launcher is perfect; I was
even more excited to see you could put multiple programs in there,
having assumed it was for a single one.  Most of the home applets are
so simplistic my expectations were low I suppose.  My only feature
request is for a "default" icon for programs like minimo that don't
provide one.

Larry