Applications unexpectedly closing on n800

Hi,

ext Neil MacLeod wrote:
> I've succeeded in causing the bug (ie. app to close) with the following
> combinations:
>
> 1. Back+Menu followed by Menu keypress
> 2. Back+Menu followed by Home keypress
> 3. Back+Menu followed by stylus/finger event
> 4. Back+Menu followed by Power keypress
> 5. Back+Menu followed by removal of battery cover ("Memory card in use"
> dialog steals focus from Menu)
>
> Basically, any event that causes the menu to lose focus will result in
> the application closing.

Ok, I got 2) to happen after a lot of trying.
This seems quite hard to do on purpose, but maybe
it's easier to do accidentally.

> Speaking personally, I've caused this situation several times (hence the
> bug in my name!) Maybe I'm more prone to cause this problem due to my
> fat fingers/big hands/whatever, however the design of the buttons (ie.
> being so close together) ensures this situation is likely to happen for
> many people and not just me. And and once the menu has been invoked due
> to the combination keypress, it's almost impossible to backout of the
> situation without concious effort on the part of the user.

I have to admit that when pressing the Menu key I usually use
a fingertip (not the flat side of thumb) because the keys are
so close together... (personally I prefer N770 keys except
for the power button)

	- Eero