WLAN Power Save Mode timeout

	Hi,

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 11:31 -0600, ext Levi Bard wrote:
> > About using wpasupplicant. I think it shouldn't be too hard to use
> > wpasupplicant on 770 or N800. The wireless extension interface to the
> > WLAN driver isn't quite up-to-date, so you would have to do some
> > tweaking there. And of course you would have to bypass all UI, icd and
> > wlancond components. But it should be doable.
>
> If it's easy enough for a power user to do, will nokia also work to
> support it in the built-in connection manager?  Since we've
> established that it's a semi-standard problem for IT users?

At the moment there will not be support for wpasupplicant in the
built-in Internet Connection daemon, sorry for that. In the longer run
this could be made possible, as I shall add that to our wish list.

Unfortunately we're not able to support a wpasupplicant hacking effort
at the moment, but you could start by tracking down what D-Bus messaging
there is between ICd and EAP software. EAP is pretty independent of ICd,
so there should be only very messages exchanged. It should not be too
hard to implement/emulate those and start wpasupplicant in response.
Settings are stored in gconf, and by logging debug syslog messages from
icd might give some more details (IIRC).

Actually, the wireless extensions might turn up difficult to do, and I'm
not at all sure what - or how complicated - messages there might be
between wlancond and EAP. The UI interaction messages are "easy" as they
are specified in osso-ic-ui-dbus.h from the osso-ic-oss package. They
can also be validated manually from the command line using dbus-send.

Hope this helps,

	Patrik

--
Patrik Flykt <Patrik.Flykt at nokia.com>