WLAN Power Save Mode timeout

Riku Voipio <riku.voipio at movial.fi> writes:

>> This has been requested occasionally. It would help if you could come
>> up with some kind of examples where this is needed. That they I could
>> show that there's really a need for this. Technically there's no point
>> of supporting 802.1x with WEP encryption, because TKIP is already
>> widely supported.
>>

> EAP-TTLS with wep was the best *functioning* radius-authenticated
> protocol supported by cisco access points (aironet 1100, 12xx). Yes
> they supported TKIP and AES, but not very well *together* with EAP.

Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that Cisco APs would not properly
work with TKIP or AES. Cisco APs are of the best quality I have ever
seen. And all the EAP tests in Wi-Fi certifications are run with
either TKIP or AES (Wi-Fi Alliance calls it WPA-Enterprise, or
something like that), so it's widely tested as well.

> wpasupplicant already supports EAP-TTLS, how hard would it be for
> a poweruser to use it instead of the current supplicant?

Do you already know that N800 already supports EAP-TTLS, with TKIP or
AES encryption?

About using wpasupplicant. I think it shouldn't be too hard to use
wpasupplicant on 770 or N800. The wireless extension interface to the
WLAN driver isn't quite up-to-date, so you would have to do some
tweaking there. And of course you would have to bypass all UI, icd and
wlancond components. But it should be doable.

--
Kalle Valo