N800 and USB host mode

Hi all

I actually sent out an email last night asking a similar question:

Hi everyone, I've read a number of emails and forum posts that talk about
using the usb to connect peripherals.  I used the flasher to enable R&D mode
and USB host mode and there are no errors.  But when I reboot and connect a
keyboard through my power booster I made, it still thinks it is just
connected to a computer.  Does the USB only work on the 770 or do I need to
do something to the kernel to get it working or do I need to do anything
else to get it working.

I have a number of things I want to use the USB port for, I just want to get
the keyboard working so I know the port is working.  I am hoping to get my
USB GPS working with one of the mapping programs and I also want to use it
to interface with a real time system I've made that would connect through a
USB to serial adapter.  But first I just want to get a keyboard working to
get through the biggest road block I see.

Thank you for any help.  If this has been discussed before I would
appreciate anyone who can point me to the discussion.

I spent most of yesterday trying to get just a keyboard working after
building a power injector.  So to the original question yes I have played
with it on the n800 but I had no luck.  I really hope we can figure this
out.  I think it will add a number of opportunities to the device.