From: "Simon Moore" <simon.moore at ndirect.co.uk>
To: <maemo-users at maemo.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: [maemo-users] Wired keyboard and N800

Please don't say we can't use host mode on 800!
Surely this can't be true? Anyone confirmed it is not possible?

Something work mentioning to the person trying to
get the keyboard working is that some USB devices
are very sensitive about the voltage it needs to
be pretty much dead on 5v under load.  We use a
maplin regulated camera charger (about ?10
believe it or not) for the 770 and it has enough
to power the 770 and all the various USB bits we
use (network, serial, hub and custom circuit board).

Note: if anyone makes a charger for the Nokia
powering from the powered hub, you should be
aware the nokia tuns off its charging circuits if
the voltage is too low or too high also.  It also
charges in a weird way that causes voltage ripple
and pull back that may effect other USB devices
(consider adding diodes and capacitors, to
prevent nokia effecting other USB devices
power).  Still it is pretty clever and stops charging when the battery is
full.

I'll mess with the 800 when I have a bit more
time in a week or so and see what I can get to work if no one beats me to
it.

Regards
Simon