[maemo-users] Some Thoughts Regarding IT OS 2007 and the N800

On Monday 29 January 2007 01:03:46 am Jakub.Pavelek at nokia.com wrote:
> >On 1/26/07, Karoliina.T.Salminen at nokia.com
> >
> ><Karoliina.T.Salminen at nokia.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> In general:
> >> Customizability is very nice, but how to implement that in clean
> >> simple way btw?
> >> Meaning so that it does not increase
> >> too much complexity for those who don't want to customize?
> >
> >Seems pretty staightforward to me. Have a "Custom" option in
> >the "Language & region" -> "Regional Settings" dropdown menu
> >that turns all the various settings into dropdown menus
> >containing all the options you use elsewhere for that
> >particular setting ... and include a time format in that list.
> >
> >/Mike
>
> Hi,
>
> Why do you want the 24 hour clock for UK/US users? Is it just for the
> clock application or do you equally strongly need to have 24 hour clock
> when file manager shows file timestaps or email shows the received
> time(date) field, etc.?

In short because I and so many in the
telecom/computer/technical/scientific/military/International business
communities in the US, use 24 hour clocks over 12 hour ones (except perhaps
on our wrists).  18:18 make as much sense to me as 6:18pm and it's a lot
easier to tell what time it is in Dubai or South Korea that way.

James