[maemo-users] Video on N800

Mike Klein wrote:
> I found that the majority of videos I want to play...regardless of
> format...stream poorly on my 800. My PepperPad3 has no problems with
> these format...but it would seem only VERY specially crafted videos play
> smoothly.

> Humberto Ortiz Zuazaga wrote:

>> The native media player can play video encoded at very high rates,
>> unlike the old video player on the 700.
>>
>> I've played back 400x240 @ 30 fps mpeg4 encoded at 1000 kbps with
>> Handbreak.
>>
>> mplayer doesn't seem to work for these videos, but did play back QCIF
>> sized videos I had set up for the 770. mplayer complains it cant find
>> the 770 hardware and falls back to xvideo.

First, I apologize to the mplayer developers, I was using the wrong
mplayer binary, there's one compiled for the n800 with xv support, the
n770 version falls back to x11.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28230&postcount=275

Second, mplayer is choking on the audio portion of the movies I tested,
it seems that I encoded the audio using aac instead of mp3. Disabling
audio let the video play, just a bit slow.

If you look at the Video how to you'll see that the N800 removes many
limitations the 770 has.

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/VideoEncoding

--
Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga