brightness Re: [maemo-users] Re: Storage/Sleep Issues..

Hi,

>> > Nothinig prevents you from creating a sysfs entry wich returns
>> >
>> > tahvo_get_backlight_level()
>> >
>> > or even a proc one, if you really are into that sort of thing.
>>
>> There is such entry -
>> /sys/devices/platform/omapfb/panel/backlight_level

One related thing would interest me:
- would it be possible to crank the level up further than the 127 the
number in /sys/devices/platform/omapfb/panel/backlight_level states when
the
display plugin has the maximum setting?
As I am part of the engine monitor and EFIS project, I would be
interested
if there would be some way to increase the daylight readability in
challenging
environment with direct sunlight hitting the screen on airplane panel
through
a clear canopy above the clouds where there is nothing blocking the
sunlight coming
with full power directly to the display where you are supposed to see
some gauges.
The N800 display already is somewhat better than the N770 for that, but
more would
be of course always better than less taking in addition that panel
mounted airplane
EFIS displays commercially available use ultra high brightness displays.

In this environment the battery consumption is non-issue because
the device is plugged all the time to charger. Ok, it might be also so
that
the 127 is the maximum the physical display panel can output and no more
can be
achieved, but I was just wondering if it wasn't. This may be fruitless
speculation, but
I would be glad if anybody of the hw gurus could enlighten me some? Thx.

Best Regards,
karoliina