[maemo-users] Tips for best usage & maintainance practices for N800 ?

Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ext Jonathan Greene wrote:
>> Unlike the Palm, there is an actual power function, which you can opt
>> to use if you like.  I think it's a personal thing.  I like that it's
>> just on and ready to do what I ask, without having to wait the 1-2 min
>> to start up.
>
> The startup time should be <1 min[1].

Or even half of that when booting from MMC card but still there is a
point previously made here by Igor Stoppa that shutdown and boot can
waste more energy than having the device turned on but doing nothing for
hours.

I have my N770 turned on all the time including wi-fi connection enabled
over night and recharge quite infrequently (once per 2 or 3 days?).

Frantisek