[maemo-users] gcc compiler suite, linker, and make for ARM on ITOS2006

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 09:40:20AM +0100, Jean-Christian de Rivaz wrote:
> But I must say that the first thing that prevent to use the device to do
> programm is the lack of a good editor adatpted to it. The Note
> application is unusable to do code and editor in xterm are very annoying
> because there heavly use CTRL ou ESC that are not easly to do on the device.

The new maemo-hackers xterm has ctrl in a sidebar.  And ESC is the
hardware button just under the d-pad.

vim works exceptionally well on the 770 with the virtual keyboard,
especially with some mappings.  Here's my .vimrc: http://pastey.net/5444

I'm not sure if there is a vim .deb with support for mouse_xterm, syntax
highlighting and other features already.  Maddler was building one when
we talked about it on IRC last night.  For the moment I use a
self-compiled vim extracted in my home directory:
http://mg.pov.lt/vim7-for-mistral.tar.gz

Marius Gedminas
--
Is it not true that nobody finds it impossible to believe that a
double negative isn't bad grammatical form?