[maemo-users] How to debug WLAN connection problem in N800?

On 1/15/07, Kalle Valo <Kalle.Valo at nokia.com> wrote:

> "ext Timo Witikainen" <timo.witikainen at kolumbus.fi> writes:
>
> > I've been trying to get my N800 to connect to Internet (web browser
> > + other apps) using WLAN without success.
>
> Cool, first N800 WLAN problem ;)

I can chime in with the second problem. :)

Environment: Linksys WRT54G with latest FW, configured to only allow WPA2
with AES-PSK, N800 with out-of-the-box FW.

Problem description:
Occasionally the wlan connection on n800 ceases to function. So far this has
only happened when the device is not in use i.e. I pick it up to start
browsing but it is not working.

In the UI problem is not apparent, the Connection Manager still shows the
state as "Connected" and in "IP address" screen everything looks ok. In
Connection Manager the "Sent" counter increases if I initiate communication
from n800 but the "Received" is unchanged no matter what I try.

On the command line (Xterm):
 - routing table is ok
 - ifconfig is ok
 - /etc/resolv.conf only shows localhost (this also seems to be the case
when the connection is working, we are using local proxy-dns?)

If I try to connect to a local server with IP-address using the browser and
trace the connection using ethereal/wireshark I see nothing on the line. Not
even ARP query.

In my case this problem is easily fixed by disabling and re-enabling the
connection.

 - Juha
--
Madness takes it's toll. Please have exact change.