[maemo-users] How to debug WLAN connection problem in N800?

"ext Timo Witikainen" <timo.witikainen at kolumbus.fi> writes:

> I've been trying to get my N800 to connect to Internet (web browser
> + other apps) using WLAN without success.

Cool, first N800 WLAN problem ;)

> + What are the ways to debug
> the problem?
>
> Some background info:
>
> -The wireless access point at home is Linksys WRT54GL
> -All tested laptops, Nokia 9500 communicator, previous PDAs etc have worked without problems using the same WLAN AP
> -The only web page I can access with the N800 is the admin UI on the
> Linksys WLAN AP

So the WLAN connection itself works, the problem must be in upper
levels (DNS, DHCP, routing etc.). I'll add Patrik to CC.

Can you try to use web browser with IP address? For example, the URL
below should show the maemo.org website.

http://62.61.85.38/

If that works, it's a DNS issue.

Also someone already mentioned about default gateway not set. If you
have xterm, please post here output of 'ifconfig' and 'route -n' at
the moment when WLAN is not working.

--
Kalle Valo